Tuesday 22 November 2011

BIG EARS.

















WHEN old men getter older



and their ears touch their shoulder



it may be a sign of content.




Terry Wogan and John Simpson



have ears when you glimpse them



like those on a bull elephant.




Some things don't stop growing



and there's really no knowing



what size an appendage might try.



The ears on old Wogan



are some sort of omen



if they flapped he'd probably fly.




While those on John Simpson



are less in dimension



he's still got his ear to the ground



but he may well say



it's much better that way



as you pick up the smallest of sound.




As I do grow older



I don't want my shoulder



to act as a perch for my ears.



I've only one gland



I'd like to expand.



It's the one worn down with the years.














No comments:

Post a Comment